Posted By 0 Comment(s) 666 View(s)
Do you know that?
- "In 2011, the Assembly of the Republic declared the cork oak National Tree of Portugal";
- "The first bottle of Coca-Cola, between 1894 and 1899, was sealed with a cork stopper";
- "Cork production does not destroy trees. After harvesting, the cork oak performs a process of self-regeneration never seen in other forest species";
- "The floor of the Sagrada Familia cathedral in Barcelona is made of cork to improve the acoustics and cut the cold";
- "Portugal was a pioneer in environmental legislation for the protection of montados, and is currently the main legislator in this matter";
- "In 1964, cork is successfully tested in NASA vehicles at speeds that amounted to 17,900 feet per second";
- "Cork was one of the raw materials used in the caravels that sailed on seas never before sailed and in the military equipment of World War II".
* Information taken from, Portuguese Cork Association (https://www.apcor.pt/cortica/factos-curiosas/)